The following are my brief reviews of three of the best penis enlargement devices in the market today. Further below you can also find many questions and answers explaining all the details about penis extenders.
- What Are Penis Extenders?
- What Are Penis Extenders Used For?
- How Do Penis Extenders Work and What is the Science Behind Them?
- How to Use a Penis Extender Properly?
- What Are the Achievable Results?
- How Effective and Reliable Are Penis Extenders?
- Are There Any Measures That Can Optimize and Speed Up the Growth Process?
- Are Penis Extenders Safe?
- How to Avoid the Scams and Bad Products?
- Where Can I Find Before and After Photos Showing Real Results?
- Are There Any Authoritative/Scientific Sources That Support the Claims?
- How Do Penis Extenders Compare to Other Male Enhancement Methods?
- Do You Really Need a Bigger Dick?
The use of penis extenders to increase size is an ever contentious issue in the men’s health industry with many proponents and opponents. This is a comprehensive exploration of the subject where you can find answers to the most frequently asked questions, useful tips and reviews of top rated penile extender systems.
This article focuses on the true facts pertaining to the utilization, efficacy and safety of penis traction devices as a means of penis enlargement. This is not one of those promotional articles where you can find products that will ‘no doubt’ give you extra 3 inches. If your hopes have been raised too high by Internet advertisements of ‘miraculous’ enlargement devices, then this read could help bring your expectations down to earth.
You may not have the time or will to read the whole page in one session, so I’ve sectioned it under relevant subheadings for easier reading and reference. You can click on any of the links in the Contents list above to jump directly to the information that interests you. If you are only interested in the product offers then scroll all the way down the page or simply click the last link in the Contents list to get to my product reviews.
What Are Penis Extenders?
A penis extender or stretcher is a medical-grade device that is used to apply a steady and constant amount of traction (stretching) force to the shaft of the penis. They are also known as penis traction devices and they are used by doctors in Penile Traction Therapy (PTT), especially in patients who have had penile surgery.
Most types of extender devices available in the market are very similar in shape and size, and they consist of the following main parts:
- A ring-shaped solid plastic base that holds two rods on its sides.
- Two rods (usually made of stainless steel) with adjustable length.
- A cradle that is attached to the end of the two supporting rods.
- A silicone strap (band) that is fastened on the cradle.
- A traction control mechanism to adjust the amount of force applied.
The one feature that sets apart good penis extenders from bad ones is the comfortability of the product. To that end, manufacturers try to be innovative with their product’s fastener strap to distinguish it from the competitors.
The most basic devices include a silicone nose/tube, while more advanced ones offer better quality straps carefully designed for maximum comfort and reliability. Some brands offer additional accessories for improved convenience, better grip and increased efficiency.
Tip: When shopping for an extender, choose one that offers more than one type of fastening mechanism with additional comfort padding. Avoid products that are only equipped with a tubular rubber strap as these tend to be the least comfortable and more likely to be dangerous.
What Are Penis Extenders Used For?
There are two major uses of penis stretchers;
- Stimulating penile growth, especially elongating the penis. Increase in penis girth is also a possible outcome. The medical community still don’t have a conclusive answer to whether extenders can yield permanent augmentation in penile size or not, and they accentuate the need for additional trials and analysis of this technique. Nevertheless, millions of men from across the world have purchased and used extenders for the purpose of long-term enlargement, and while the success rate and gains were not mostly exceptional many consumers were quite satisfied with what they achieved.
- Straightening a curved penis. Men suffering from a bent penis due to Peyronie’s disease may remarkably benefit from extenders to improve their penile curvature. Penile traction therapy has been proven effective for Peyronie’s patients and many urologists worldwide have recognized the importance of these devices as a first-line treatment when dealing with the problem.
Fact: Penis extenders are not an approved treatment for any health condition. Many men use them to stimulate penile growth and/or reduce curvature, however, the FDA has not approved any external device for these purposes.
How Do Penis Extenders Work and What is the Science Behind Them?
The scientifically-backed principle of stretching body parts has been successfully implemented not only in modern-day plastic surgery procedures, but also in tribal traditions where members use simple stretching mechanisms to enlarge certain body parts like the neck, ears and lips.
Penile tissue, like any other tissue in the human body, is made up of cells. When the penis is subjected to an external constant traction force the body’s natural response will be to adapt and relieve the tension. This is done by generating new cells in penile tissue causing it to grow permanently.
But, won’t stretching my penis this way make it thinner? Well, some manufacturers claim the opposite! They argue that cell division and tissue growth will be multidimensional causing the penis to naturally enlarge in both length and girth. Most systems also recommend stretching the penis in multiple directions and/or following an included penis exercise routine to increase girth.
Fact: Enlargement of body parts by means of constant stretching is employed today in some plastic surgeries. Whether it works to enlarge the penis and its internal anatomy or not remains a debatable issue among experts.
How to Use a Penis Extender Properly?
Each device will have specific user instructions and recommendations that you should follow for safe and effective use. The following are general guidelines that apply to most systems.
- The base of the device should fit around the base of the penile shaft and rest against the pubic bone.
- The strap should be fitted behind the glans (head of the penis).
- Any additional comfort accessory (padding) should be placed between the strap and the glans.
- If the strap/fastener slips off frequently you may want to consider using a different type of strap or padding. Some products include alternative and secondary fastening straps.
- If the instructions specify a certain amount of traction, you’ll need to adjust traction accordingly (advanced products have this feature).
- You should wear the device every day for the recommended duration.
- Follow the product’s recommended schedule that should detail gradual increase in hours of daily wearing and amount of traction.
- You can wear the device under your cloths. It’s very small and flexible making it easy to conceal.
- If you feel pain then you are doing something wrong, however, it is normal to experience slight discomfort during first days of use.
Tip: Consult the included instructional user manual or DVD for specific information on how to use the gadget the right way.
What Are the Achievable Results?
The generally expected results seem to vary from one manufacturer to another. With some promising an increase in penile length of 1 inch up to claims of a 3 inch increase following regular use for at least six months. Some products also make claims of increased thickness of around 0.5 inch but this is usually brought about by following an accompanying penis exercise program.
In reality, results will be different from one man to another based on many physical and biological attributes, as well as lifestyle factors. No one can guarantee you a certain result and the only way to find out how well it will work for you is to give it a try yourself.
Fact: Results in real world will differ from one individual to another. Do not trust any product that promises you a definite result within a definite time frame as this is more likely to be a sham.
How Effective and Reliable Are Penis Extenders?
As said above, effectiveness and results will notable vary from one individual to another. Most users start noticing improvement in erect and flaccid size after a few weeks, but maximum gains may take at least six months to achieve.
When compared with other stretching techniques and tools, penis extenders excel in producing consistent results.
Tip: To maximize penis enlargement gains users are advised to regularly perform some manual stretching exercises and/or take a natural male enhancement supplement alongside. This is highly recommended if you are more specifically looking to increase your girth and hardness.
Are There Any Measures That Can Optimize and Speed Up the Growth Process?
You can increase the chance of obtaining bigger results by maintaining a healthy environment for your sex organ throughout the process and afterwards. These four steps can help:
- Stay active: Day-to-day physical activity and exercise improves circulation in addition to the other innumerable benefits of an energetic lifestyle. Exercises that target the lower body improve blood flow to the genitals and this provides the penis with the proper nourishment it needs during the stimulated growth process.
- Try natural penis exercises: There are several manual exercises specifically devised to promote the growth of erectile tissue and expansion of the two main erectile bodies in the penis known as the corpora cavernosa. Penis exercises also support better circulation, which will consequently enhance your ability to sustain rigidity during erection. Some extender systems include a complementary professional exercise routine at no extra cost.
- Stop smoking: If you smoke then this might be the perfect occasion to rethink this harmful habit. It has been medically established that smoking causes damage to blood vessels, inhibits circulation and may cause penile shrinkage in the long run. If you have been adopting this practice for a long time then some of the damage done may not be reversible, but at least you have the choice to prevent any further worsening of the adverse effects and start to revamp your cardiovascular system.
Quitting may be a hard decision to follow through with, but incentivize yourself by keeping in mind all the sexual rewards that can follow and how much money you will save for other useful stuff.
- Nourish your reproductive system: Your sex organs need to be supplied with plenty of nutrients to function well and regenerate. Keeping a nutrient-rich diet and taking male dietary supplements while using the traction therapy is advised to reinforce growth. In addition to that, male enhancement supplements can produce harder and larger erections by intensifying blood flow.
Tip: Maintaining a wholesome lifestyle and staying in shape can step up the benefits of the stretching treatment.
Are Penis Extenders Safe?
On the whole, penis extenders are safe for use at home without a doctor’s prescription. Each product should be packed with its relevant user guide and safety instructions that must be followed for safe and appropriate usage. The following are some general precautions that users should be advised of when using an extender device at home.
- Only wear the device on your flaccid penis, in case you get an erection while the device is strapped on you may need to release it and strap it back on after the erection is gone.
- Use the device as instructed. Overuse will not speed up the process and may cause permanent penile injury.
- Stop using the device if you experience any significant pain, soreness or discernible abnormality in the penis, and seek prompt medical attention if it subsists.
- Avoid wearing the extender while sleeping to ward off the possibility of insensible injury.
- If you have pubic hair it may get caught in certain parts and pulled out causing twinges. The best advice is to trim the pubic hair. It’s not so healthy or pleasant anyway.
- Avoid tightening the fastener too firmly as this may block blood flow to the glans. Also avoid applying the fastener directly on bare skin and make sure to place an in-between cushioning material for extra comfort and smooth blood flow.
- If you experience any numbness in the shaft or glans this may be an early warning sign of nerve damage. In this case, you need to remove the device immediately and sort out what may be causing the problem, like very tight fastener, too much traction, wrong setting, etc.
- Make sure that the scrotum and testicles are hanging freely and comfortably outside the base of the extender.
- Keep away from violent physical activity, especially that involving the lower body, while wearing the device to keep it from slipping off or causing injury.
- Consult the user manual for directions on how to correctly assemble and mount the extender.
- The assembled device should feel smooth and have no sharp or pointy edges that may cause injury to the skin.
In rare cases, penis extenders may pose some dangers. The following table shows the possible risks, their causes and suggested solutions.
|Nerve Damage||Overmuch traction force, overuse.||Adhere to instructions and schedule.|
|Blocked Blood Flow||Fastened too tight, improper placement.||Refer to instructions of use.|
|Superficial/Internal Injury||Wrong use, device displacement, strenuous movement.||Wear the device as instructed and when laid-back.|
|Allergic Reaction||Inferior commercial materials, individual allergy cases.||Choose quality medical grade equipment. Avoid materials you may be allergic to.|
Tip: Misuse and overuse can lead to serious damage to the internal structure of your phallus and its ability to function. Read and follow safety instructions carefully, and stop using the device at-once if you experience apparent pain, numbness, discoloration or any other anomaly in the penis. Consult a health care professional in severe cases.
How to Avoid the Scams and Bad Products?
In addition to common sense, here are some tips that should help you separate the wheat from the chaff and choose a legitimate product.
- Steer clear of any company that ‘guarantees’ certain results, like 3 inches in 6 months. Results will vary individually and no truthful manufacturer should guarantee a specific, fixed result as far as size growth is concerned.
- Professional, honest merchants should provide full contact details including a physical address and a phone number. Do not buy from an online store that does not provide full contact details.
- Cheap penis extenders are mostly of low-quality gear and inferior performance. Poor customer service also often goes along with low-price deals. You don’t want to get cheap and put your most valuable asset as a man in the line of danger, do you?
- The better penis extenders are priced upwards of $100 depending on what the package includes, which is quite affordable for a one-time investment. These usually offer durable apparatus, extra spare parts, professional customer care and other goodies.
- Don’t take a shot in the dark! Before you make up your mind, search the Internet for unbiased real user feedback and opinions on the specific item or company in question.
Tip: Use your sound judgment and do not fall for tall promises. A rip-off will tell you whatever pleases you and guarantee you anything. Be alert and carefully read the guarantee terms and refund policy before placing an order.
Where Can I Find ‘Before and After’ Photos Showing Real Results?
Everywhere and nowhere! Review websites are full of picture ‘proofs’ showing remarkable ‘gains’ in length and girth, but to tell the truth and shame the devil, almost all photos of penis enlargement results circling the Internet are bogus in one way or the other! Many before/after photos are brazenly falsified, while others are carefully crafted that they may even hoodwink a trained eye. These are some of the common photo tricks employed to make the penis appear like it has grown.
- A quick zoom-in shot is the easiest way to make a penis ‘bigger’.
- Comparing measurements of a semi-erect penis to those of a fully erect state would indeed show a significant difference.
- Comparing different measurements in flaccid state is even trickier, since the flaccid penis naturally shrinks and dilates in different times while influenced by numerous environmental and biological factors.
- Other deceptive tactics include shooting the photos from different angles, inconsistent positioning of the measuring tape, and others.
Most of the photos I could find online documenting the ‘growth progress’ seem to be created by amateurs in hopes of cashing in on them, be it by selling them to merchants or by publishing them in their own ‘unbiased’ testimonials from which they generate referral commissions. They often come with false or exaggerated arguments and guarantees.
Q. So, are you saying that all those dick enlargement devices are just refined crap that doesn’t work?
A. LOL, not quite so! There is reasonable evidence backed by real success stories proving that extenders do work. Some of the stories and photographs shared online may be genuine, but again the vast majority of them are not.
Unfortunately, I do not have any personal photos showing a 2- or 3-inch increment, nor do I promise you that you will get such a result by using any of the products featured on this website. The truth is you are not likely to gain more than an inch in erect length after several months of use, on the average. Even though it is possible to rack up an extra 2 or more inches as some manufacturers claim, this is not the norm and it may only occur under rare circumstances. But even a small improvement would be fairly satisfactory to most men. You can check out the PEGym forums where many real users of extender devices share their experience and progress documentation.
Fact: Normally, results gained by using an extender device are not massive and may not be easily demonstrable or noticeable to others in photos. Most photos of enlargement results found online are manipulated and should not be the basis of your decision.
Are There Any Authoritative/Scientific Sources That Support the Claims?
There have been several clinical trials aimed at evaluating the efficacy of penile stretching therapy using an external extender device. Results were mostly positive with reported improvement in penile length, thickness, function and curvature angle. Such trials commonly involve participants with below-average penis size (short penis) and/or Peyronie’s disease (curved phallus). Results were not uniform suggesting that effectiveness depends on individual compliance.
Most of the available studies seem to be sponsored by the creator of the device used in the tests, but there is also disinterested medical literature that backs up some of the propositions behind non-invasive penile extension. The following are a few snippets of medical study findings from reliable online sources. Check the listed reference links for further reading.
- Research: Levine, L. A., Newell, M. and Taylor, F. L. (2008), Penile Traction Therapy for Treatment of Peyronie’s Disease: A Single-Center Pilot Study.
- Author: Department of Urology, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL, USA.
- Published in: Journal of Sexual Medicine.
- Reference: Wiley Online Library
- Study: Oderda, M. and Gontero, P. (2011), Non-invasive methods of penile lengthening: fact or fiction?
- Author: University of Turin, Molinette Hospital, Turin, Italy.
- Published in: BJU (British Journal of Urology) International.
- Reference: Wiley Online Library
- Study: Gontero, P., Di Marco, M., Giubilei, G., Bartoletti, R., Pappagallo, G., Tizzani, A. and Mondaini, N. (2009), A pilot phase-II prospective study to test the ‘efficacy’ and tolerability of a penile-extender device in the treatment of ‘short penis’.
- Author: University of Turin, Molinette Hospital, Turin, Italy.
- Published in: BJU International.
- Reference: Wiley Online Library
How Do Penis Extenders Compare to Other Male Enhancement Methods?
This comparison chart sheds light on the key similarities and differences of the four natural techniques men can take advantage of in order to improve their sexual performance, namely extenders, pumps, exercises and pills.
|Stimulates penile growth?||Yes, incomparably.||Yes, very slightly.||Yes, somewhat.||No.|
|Increases length?||Yes, by up to 30%. Results vary depending on several individual particularities of each user.||Yes, but not significantly.||Mostly, noticeable improvement can be gained by persistently following a regular routine.||Possibly, boosted circulation allows the erect penis to bulge to its ultimate length.|
|Increases girth?||Possibly, in some cases there was an improvement in girth, but mostly it remained unchanged.||Yes, not significantly.||Yes, certain exercises can be used to promote a wider penis but not by far.||Mostly, caused by better engorgement.|
|Improves circulation?||Yes, minimally.||Yes, forcibly.||Yes, noticeably.||Yes, superbly.|
|Improves libido & stamina?||Possibly, but should not be expected.||Possibly.||Possibly.||Yes, often dramatically.|
|Does it work for everyone?||Most users will experience positive results after continued use. End results will vary subjectively and may range from minimal to very impressive, but usually pleasing enough.||Works better for men with weak erections to begin with. Nothing jaw-dropping should be expected.||Seems to be worthwhile for most men who are devoted and patient enough.||All users should bring in benefits. Very marked results are produced in men with less-than-optimal size and performance.|
|Are results permanent?||Yes, long lasting results follow extended use.||No, temporary.||Yes, but take a long time to build up.||No, they last as long as the supplement is being taken. Some permanent benefits can be scored.|
|Is it safe?||Yes, when used properly.||Yes, but misuse and overuse may lead to serious risks.||Yes, when performed correctly.||Yes, no substantial side effects have been reported.|
|Is it effective?||Yes, on a large scale.||Yes, in most cases.||Yes, on average.||Yes, highly.|
|Is it scientifically backed?||Yes, several clinical trials affirmed positive results.||No data available.||No data available.||Yes, many doctors and herbalists advocate herbal supplementation for healthier and enjoyable sex life.|
|Is it costly?||Prices are within reason and primarily affected by material quality.||Same as previous.||This is the cheapest option with many programs and guides available online free of charge.||Prices are generally acceptable.|
Tip: Penis extenders are the only evidence-based technique for permanent penile elongation. Using a combination of stretching device, exercises and supplements is a common practice by men looking to achieve the best possible results.
Do You Really Need a Bigger Dick?
There have always been heated debates about the ideal size for the male penis and whether it actually matters to women or not. So, to make a long story short, if your erect penis measures 6 inches or more you don’t really need to make it any longer as that will be enough to qualify you as above-average almost anywhere in the world.
Obsessive insecurity about size is mostly a psychological ‘shortness’ that you can either endlessly run after or overcome by realizing that happiness in the bedroom is not all about how big your schlong is.
Tip: You do not need to use a penis extender if your erect length is 6 inches or above. You may want to consider taking a natural penis enhancement pill instead to achieve increased blood flow, thickness, hardness, sex drive and energy.
Final Tip: If you want to win over a women, try a big heart rather than rocking a big dick!